Photo by Doug Hanna
muscles and focus in action
|Did You Know???|
• Keeping our bones together is a group effort involving muscles,
tendons and ligaments. Your muscles attach to your bones by tendons.
Ligaments make sure your bones do not move in funny ways. They hold
bones in place forming joints.|
• Your brain controls your skeletal muscles and therefore your body movement. By developing better focus you are better able to perform your Taekwon-Do movements.
• There are two main types of muscles strengthening exercises we perform in Taekwon-Do: Isotonic and Isometric.
• Pushups are a type of isotonic exercise. There is constant tension on your muscles as they change length and position.
• Practicing Bending ready stance is a type of isometric exercise because even though there is tension on the muscles they remain in the same position (ouch after 2 minute)
How well do you know Taekwon-Do?|
Win a pair of Top Ten mini gloves
Congratulations to Mr. Kurt Ottesen!!! Mr. O was the first to correctly answer our skill testing question again... You have probably met Mr. Ottesen at one of the terrific ITF tournaments. He is a member of the ITF umpire committee and travels all over the world. Oh, the answer is; Toi-Gye is the pen name of noted scholar Yi Hwang who opened Confucian School named Do-San.
Okay! Here is another question. Name five muscles that help you perform a jumping spinning hook kick? (Bandae Dollyo Chagi)
Send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org