One of the action plans defined to enable the ITF Communications
Committee to fulfill its mandate is to:
develop an image of the ITF as a dynamic, growing organization that
listens to and helps its members; use a slogan and other methods to
promote that image so that members are proud to belong to the ITF.
At the most recent ITF Board Meeting, the Board of Directors approved
holding a contest to find a new slogan for the ITF, and the
Communications Committee was given responsibility for the contest.
As I mentioned in my previous message, we are looking for a slogan
that will clearly communicate our vision for the future and the dynamic
nature of our organization.
The slogan must express the essence of what the ITF stands for in a
few words. It will be used alongside the logo for all official ITF
communications and publicity as well as by ITF-affiliated organizations.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- It is a key principle of the ITF that the organization belongs to its members; it works with its members and for its members.
- The ITF is working to develop all four facets of TKD: the sport, the
martial art, as a way of life, and as a tool for social development.
- The ITF is a well structured democratic organization operating
efficiently and according to modern business management principles.
- The ITF provides the training and the support TKD students need to
live up to the Student Oath and build a better and peaceful world.
- The quality of TKD teaching and the quality of the management and development of the organization are top priorities.
- The ITF is carrying on the legacy of our Founder, General Choi Hong Hi.
Here are three sample slogans:
Serving you with integrity, trust, and respect
- ITF TKD means quality, service, and pride
- ITF TKD - It´s the way for you.
And here are the rules of the contest, including the prizes for the winner:
- Individual members of all ITF-affiliated organizations (schools,
NAs, AAs, etc.), recognized by the ITF as being members in good
standing, are eligible to submit suggested slogans.
- Suggested slogans must be submitted using the form provided on the
ITF Web site and sent by e-mail to the Chair of the Communications
Committee, with a copy to the ITF President.
- A maximum of three slogans may be submitted on the form and there is a limit of one form per person.
- The space provided on the form for each suggested slogan is limited,
because a slogan must be short and to the point. However, we have
provided an additional space for comments.
- Only suggestions received by e-mail before midnight (Eastern
Standard Time) on November 30th 2004 will be considered for the contest.
- Any of the slogans submitted may be used by the ITF in the future.
- A jury composed of the Communications Committee and the President
will chose the winning slogan. The decision of the jury will be final.
- The winning slogan will be announced before the end of 2004.
- Prizes for the winning slogan will include:
Provided by Top Ten:
- 2 high-quality doboks,
- a set of hand and foot protection equipment,
And from the ITF:
- a plaque engraved with the winning slogan,
- a prize of 200.00USD.
The Communications Committee will contact the winner to make arrangements to deliver the prizes as soon as possible.
Now that you have all the information about the ITF slogan contest, I
hope many of you will enter the contest. I look forward to reading your
Click here to submit your suggestions
Master Trân Trieu Quân
Master Trân Trieu Quân
Black Belt 8th Degree
917 MGR Grandin, suite 304
Ste-Foy (Qc) Canada
Tel.: (418) 871-8280 ext. 203
Fax: (418) 871-5574
www.tkd-itf.org or www.itf-generalchoi.com